Get Tuned Up
- You could use a tuning app on your phone or tablet, or an online tutorial.
- We can help you tune up during your Skype lesson, but being tuned before the lesson will save time.
- Sign in to Skype at least 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson time.
- Have your Google Documents open on your computer, or a second device.
- Make sure the camera captures things: (1) Your face, (2) your strumming hand and (3) your fretting hand.
- You may need to adjust the camera or your chair to do this. Sitting further back from the camera may also help.
Tips For Best Practice
- Be signed in and online at the scheduled time of your lesson.
- Your tutor will also set up a Google Document to use in your lessons. You should have this open for when your lesson starts.
- Smartphones and Tablets lose the video feed when switching between Skype and Google Docs, so a computer is the ideal choice.
- You can use multiple devices – once for Skype and another for the Google Doc.
- Be tuned and ready to go before your scheduled lesson time.
- Speak clearly during the lesson.
- Be excited!
Once you’re ready to go, it’s time to start improving your guitar skills!