What Do Students Learn In Step A?
- The parts of the guitar.
- Proper string names.
- Several beginner scales.
- Entry level chords.
- What the Five Fundamental Techniques are.
- How to read Guitar Tab, Chord Charts & Chord Diagrams.
How Much Should Step A Students Practice?
- At least three times per week.
- Each practice should be about ten minutes long, however it may take several lessons before they have enough content to last ten minutes.
How Long Does Step A Take?
- The Ultimate Guitar Method is a self paced curriculum, rather than a lesson by lesson course.
- The average completion time for students who diligently follow the practice regime is about 12-18 months, however some students may take longer.
- Students are only able to pass Step C if competency is achieved in all required areas.
Suggested Step A Goals:
- Memorise all parts of the guitar.
- Memorise string names.
- Memorise a song.
- Play a song with the music.
- Play a song for Mum or Dad.
- Record a song with your tutor and send it to Mum or Dad.
- Learn a song that uses chords.
- Learn a song that uses picking.
- Learn a song that uses both chords and picking.
Suggested Step A Listening:
- Deep Purple
- Katy Perry
- P!nk (Pink)
- Due Lipa
- Bruno Mars
- Michael Jackson